Reptiles/Leopard geckos

Question
This is him
This is him  
QUESTION: My gecko has not been eating for almost a month. He is really skinny he will eat like one cricket and thats it. He won't even touch mealworms. But his poop is normal and looks fine. I dont know what is wrong with him.

ANSWER: Hello Devon,

Are you keeping him warm enough?
He needs an undertank heater along with a low wattage basking bulb for a hot spot of around 88-90 to help with digestion.
How large are the crickets he eats?  You could also try some phoenix worms, too.

Since he is not eating well, you can get some chicken or turkey baby food to feed to him with a plastic dropper or syringe.  
Even though his stools look fine, it would be a good idea to get a fecal done to see if anything is detected.
Try getting some bee pollen also, at the health food store to help with his appetite, too.
How long have you had him & what is his age?

Tracie

QUESTION: He is about a year I've had him for a couple of months. He has a under tank heater and his temps are good.

Answer
Hello Devan,

I am sorry for the delay.
How is he doing today?
Can you get a fecal done on him, or look into deworming him?
How are you measuring his temperatures, with a digital probe or temp gun?  
I believe that he probably has worms or parasites which can be treated with a round of meds.  

Are you keeping a water dish in his tank or no?
Were you able to get some bee pollen & baby food for him?  I highly recommend that you get him started on that to help with his weight & to get some nutrition into him.  

Let me know how he is doing.  Do you have any calcium for him also?  He does need calcium several times per week also.

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar