Reptiles/my leos

hi mrs tracie i have two leos that have been together since i bought them in in march. i am unsure of the sex because they are still to tiny to tell. but i have noticed one is getting bigger then the other and appears to be not being very nice not bitting or attacking but waving his tail and standing up tall. so i seperatedd them to day and it appears as if he is looking for the other gecko when the other gecko seems perfectly happy. should i put them back together till they are old enough to sex or seperate them for safety precautions thanks so much.

Hello Rachil,

It sounds like you either ha d two males or a male & female.  Until you figure out the sex of them, I would keep them separated for now.  
This way, there wont be any injuries from domination, etc right now.
Are they both eating regularly?
The smaller one needs to catch up on growth, otherwise, he/she will become ill.
The other one will get used to being housed alone right now.  

Do you have pictures of them also?

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.