Reptiles/Sick flapped necked pregnant chameleon

Good day, I picked up a pregnant flapped neck chameleon about 4 months ago. I live in South Africa and have not yet until today purchased the red uv light, I am very worried she is heavily pregnant and is very very sick, she is dull in colour and doesn't move at all, she has not been eating or drinking for a while now her one eye is swollen shut. If I pick her up to move her she is so weak she doesn't even hiss like she used to. I feed her crickets and purified water only for the past 4 months.

Apologies your question didn't arrive until today. I would ask about the basking area and what the temperature is there. Also UVB is and maybe a critical factor in the Chams health. Also dosing with calcium with help as well. Immediate veterinarian visit is what I would highly recommend.  

John F Taylor

I can answer most questions about captive the captive care of reptiles,amphibians, and insects.

International and nationally published author of many captive reptile care articles. Former editor of the San Diego Herpetological Society Newsletter. Founder of Southern California Wildlife. Most recently opened the website to answer questions instantly and share free care articles on the captive care of reptile and insect species.

Reptilia, Reptiles Magagazine, TFH Publications Complete Herp Care Series Uromastyx

Over a decade of experience within the reptile industry.