Reptiles/Bearded Dragon skin problem

Bearded Dragon
Bearded Dragon  
Something is wrong with my bearded dragons skin on her back. I just noticed it this morning. It is blueish looking. I gave her a bath and cleaned the tank. It still looks the same. I have attached a photo. Please help.
Thank you, Lisa

Hello Lisa,

That appears to be an upcoming shed!
How old is she?  
She looks relatively young?
Are you using a UVB light & if so, what type & brand?  How close is the basking light & the UVB to her?

It should shed off pretty soon.  You can give a daily bath to help with shedding if she seems to be having some trouble getting it off.

Let me know how that goes.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.