Reptiles/Bearded Dragon skin problem

Lisa wrote at 2013-05-28 20:20:36
Hi Tracie,

Thank you for answering me.

She will be 3 years old in August. I am using a UVB 150 light by Exo Terra and a 100 Watt basking bulb by Zoo Med and both lights are on top of the tank 4-6" from her. I also use a red heat light at night. I have seen her shed before , but it never looked like that. It kind of looks like she has a patch of mold on her back. I will wait and see what it looks like tomorrow. Other than that she is eating,drinking,active and acting normal.

Lisa wrote at 2013-06-04 18:06:59
Hi Tracie,

You were right, she is now shedding. Thank you for your advice:-)

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.