Reptiles/Ill Bearded Dragon

Question
My daughter let a friend have her bearded dragon for 2 weeks. I have no idea how she was cared for. I only got her back because they said she was ill. Her eyes are swollen and shes turned yellow and orange (shes always green) and her beard is black. Shes not moving about, not eating. I do not know how they fed her or if she was under any light at all. They did changer her bedding from sand to nutshells. Not sure if she's had an allergic reaction. Scared they may have fed her meat or something she shouldn't have. She feels cold. We soaked her in warm water and she seemed to get some color back and look a little better. My question is, is there anything else we can do to help her?

Answer
Hello Carol,

Do you have any pictures of her?
It sounds like she was not kept under optimal conditions.  That is too bad.  
Could she be impacted from nutshells?  
What type & brand of UVB light are you using?  
Did they feed her at all?

I would try to keep the tank around 80 overnight to help with boosting her immune system.  Has she shown any interest in food or is she too cold?  
It sounds like she needs to be warmed up but if you do, go slowly with her because it may be a little hard for her to digest.

Let me know how she is doing.
Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar