Reptiles/lizard complications

QUESTION: For some reason I think one of my lizards have scale damage and my agama has spots underneath him/her I'm not sure if pores because it's a male or female.

ANSWER: If you have a photo or could take a photograph it would be easier to assist you where are the spots on the Agama you are concerned about?

QUESTION: The spots are on his stomach area but he's still very active and eating's a picture.

Hmmm, you know I have seen this before and while I have yet to find out what it is it's not impacted any lizard I have had it seems to just be a weird discoloration of scales and has no health implications that I have been able to identify as of yet.  

John F Taylor

I can answer most questions about captive the captive care of reptiles,amphibians, and insects.

International and nationally published author of many captive reptile care articles. Former editor of the San Diego Herpetological Society Newsletter. Founder of Southern California Wildlife. Most recently opened the website to answer questions instantly and share free care articles on the captive care of reptile and insect species.

Reptilia, Reptiles Magagazine, TFH Publications Complete Herp Care Series Uromastyx

Over a decade of experience within the reptile industry.