Reptiles/Rex hypovitaminosis A

This is the picture of his eye. It looks very much better then yesterday

Hello Annette,

That is a large eye!
I forgot to say also, that the wood chips should be changed out to a non loose type of substrate.  Could he possibly have gotten some debris in his eye?  
Tiles, or non adhesive shelf liner is a good choice.

You mentioned it has gone down in size a little bit?
It could also be a vitamin deficiency.  I would start with changing out your tube bulb for UVB output, first to help his body absorb his vitamins more efficiently.

Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.