Reptiles/Snow gecko sick?

I have a snow gecko that hasnt been eating for the past 1 week. Weve tried feeding him. Also, he barely wakes up or walks...used to be very active. My bf and I have been findin him upside down a few times during the night.

We dont know whats wrong...

Hi Natalie,

The fact that he is a Snow and you are finding him upside down jumped out at me.
There have been neurological effects noted with some reptile morphs. The Ball python morph called "Spider" develops what is known as the spider wobble and it is genetic.

With leos the Enigma morph displays circling, star-gazing and balance problems that result in flipping over and not righting. Similar issues have been noted with Mack Snows.

There are a couple links here with info. One is  a discussion with input from a couple snow owners describing the balance and feeding problems they noticed.

I can answer questions on the proper husbandry and diet of Iguanas, bearded dragons, geckoes, skinks, chameleons, tortoises, box turtles, treefrogs, non-venomous snakes and tarantulas. Also the breeding of some species of feeder insects. I have no experience with venonmous snakes and only limited experience with aquatic turtles.

I have been keeping and breeding reptiles for over 30 years. In addition to my regular job in the medical field I also worked for several years in a pet store that specialized only in exotics. The job entailed both caring for and answering questions on innumerable species. It required constant, extensive research into a wide range of reptiles. I have been called to appear on televised national media (CBC, CTV and Life Channel) as well as CBC radio to discuss the proper care of reptiles and other exotics in captivity. I currently own one or more species of those listed under my expertise with the exception of chameleons. I owned chameleons for years but keep none currently. I keep over 20 snakes comprising 5 species, both Colubridae and Boidae. I bred corn snakes for several years. I have a particular interest in treefrogs and currently have 5 different species. I've raised redfoot tortoises for 10 years and have two iguanas, one for 12 years.

A small and now defunct local magazine called "Pet Vue"

Diagnostic medical microbiology with some parasitology experience.