Reptiles/Vorax gecko

Question
Charlie
Charlie  
Hi. My vorax gecko named Charlie is only about a couple months old. He's about 5-6 inches. He dropped his tail last week and i got him out to see how it was healing. This tails almost fully healed exept a part of the bone stiking out but I noticed as I was putting him back in his cage that his left eye is swollen. It looks like a clear bubble and the iris is underneath it. I asked my friend about it and he said it'll go down but I'm still worried about him. Do you have any idea about what it is or advise as to what to do?

Answer
Hello Sherri,

Poor thing!  Has he shed recently or no?  
He could have retained his eye cap oir maybe scratched it.  What type of substrate is he on, sand, or paper towels?

You can get some sterile saline solution for his eye to use daily on it.  It doesn't look infected but it could get that way quickly.  There is an antibiotic eye ointment you could get for him too if it doesn't clear up.

Is he eating anything right now?  
I am glad to hear his tail is healing up.  He should regenerate it soon.  Be sure he is getting enough calcium.
What is the humidity in the tank?

Let me know how he is doing.
Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar