Reptiles/Tazi frilled dragon

Question
QUESTION: Hi Tracie, Tazi is doing good. I had some questions about her feeding though. She eats everyday still somedays she eats about 5-7 large crickets and somedays she'll eat 2-3. She's very active and she does go to the "bathroom" regularly lol. She's only about 6 months old.. Are her eating habits normal? We offer her wax worms, giant meal worms, and super worms and she rarely touches them.. Yesterday she ate 2 crickets and 1 wax worm. Today she ate about 4-5 crickets and half of a wax worm. It seems like the other frilled dragon from the pet store is on steroids she gets bigger and bigger each time we see her.

ANSWER: Hello Tianna,

That is awesome Tazi is doing so well!  
I am happy to hear she is eating a lot, too.  The eating is very normal, too.  I am so gladl lshe is eating.  
Are the other frilled dragons the same as as her?  How old is she again?  
You can try to get some bee pollen to help with appetite.  Just use a pinch daily to help.  You can get it from a health food store or the pharmacy in the supplement areas.  
Are the feeders appropriately sized for her & not too large?

Let me know how she is doing!
Tracie

QUESTION: Hi Tracie! So you've helped me out so much with taking care of Tazi...my boyfriend and I appreciate it ALOT! She's still doing very good, eating a lot! She's about 10 months old and 16 inches long now and eats about 10-20 crickets a day and about 5-8 worms. Now after what happened in February when she got sick from the UVB light we were using and she refused to eat, we feed her every time she looks like she's looking for food.. I know you can sometimes over feed them but it's kinda hard to tell because she won't stop eating! After she eats and I go to check up on her she'd look super bloated and kind of miserable. I'm not sure if it's just me assuming but I don't want to over feed and make her sick. And I don't want to deprive her of food.. Are her eating habits normal for her length and age? Again we appreciate your help!

Tianna

Answer
Hell Tianna,

That is wonderful news Tazi is doing so much better now!  I am happy that I could help out for you.
She has really grown now, wow, 16 inches?  That is including her tail, correct?
Her appetite is very good as well, that is awesome.  At her age, she can have more food to support her growth.  
If she looks a little bloated after a meal, maybe space out the feedings a little more.  The amount is great, so there is nothing wrong with how much you are feeding, it seems about right to me.
Is she basking after eating to digest also?  
She will get longer so her growth will continue until at least 2 years of age.  
You can send pictures of her when you can.  

Let me know how she is doing.
Tracie  

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar