Reptiles/texas tree lizard

Question
we have a tree lizard in the back yard which we have been feeding fruits and vegetables. is that harmless?

Answer
Assuming you mean Urosaurus ornatus, of course it is harmless.  The only significantly venomous lizards are the gila monster and beaded lizard, and perhaps the Komodo dragon.

If you're asking whether feeding it fruits and vegetables is harmless, I would say it's more pointless, since this species is insectivorous. :)  Like many arboreal lizards, I suppose it might lick a bit of sweet flower nectar or lick a piece of fruit once in a while, but that doesn't make up any real part of its diet. They eat insects, spiders, etc.  Most small lizards eat only insects.

Now, if you aren't sure of the species of lizard, and are just calling it a tree lizard because it's living in a tree, I might be able to tell you more with a photograph of it.

Reptiles

Donna Fernstrom