Hi! I am a teenage girl who is looking to buy a chameleon. I read a lot about veiled chameleons and how to care for them. I'm not sure if that is the type of chameleon that I want. I have looked into pygmy chameleons and other kinds too. Do you have any advice on which kind I should get? I'm a beginner and know some about chameleons and I'm just looking for a nice pet to hold and spend time with. Thanks!

Hey Micah, if I am honest Chameleons are actually a hands off pet for the most part. You may enjoy our piece on the Veiled Chameleon by our colleague Dave Johnson I appreciate you doing your research and would like to help you obtain the most suitable reptile pet. I would also like to direct you towards our selecting a reptile pet piece I hope this helps and look forward to providing you with any information we can to assist you.  

John F Taylor

I can answer most questions about captive the captive care of reptiles,amphibians, and insects.

International and nationally published author of many captive reptile care articles. Former editor of the San Diego Herpetological Society Newsletter. Founder of Southern California Wildlife. Most recently opened the website to answer questions instantly and share free care articles on the captive care of reptile and insect species.

Reptilia, Reptiles Magagazine, TFH Publications Complete Herp Care Series Uromastyx

Over a decade of experience within the reptile industry.