My leopard gecko is making this whistling sound when he is sitting still you don't hear it but when you move him or  make him move he does it what is this?

Hello Rachil,

Does he appear to have any shedding going on?  Sometimes the nostrils will become plugged & they can't breathe as well out of their nose.
Does he make the noise all of the time, or just when you move him?
They can make noises when they are stressed or excited.  
Does he seem to be in pain at all?  

What are the temperatures in the tank?  Are you using an under tank heater also?  
The warm side should be aroundn 88-90 or so with a cooler end of around 78-82.
Is he eating anything right now?
If he is having trouble breathing, he could possibly have a respiratory infection from too low of temperatures.
Do you have any pictures of him I could see?

Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.