Reptiles/leopard gecko

Question
My Gecko got out of his enclosure a few WEEKS ago. The entire family looked for him. We finally found him this morning and his tail has been cut, not completely off, but looks really bad. He is also very wild acting now. We caught him and returned him to his aquarium and he went straight to his home. Giving him food and water but I am wondering what to do. Everyone is afraid of him now and if he is wild i do not know what to do with him.....

Answer
Hello Zach,

Oh that is too bad!  Does it look like he is going to lose his tail?  They do regenerate the tails though.  
I think that he will eventually calm down but with him getting out he enjoyed his freedom quite a bit.  
You can use some antibiotic ointment on his tail to help with infection if it is looking infected.
Is he eating anything on his own right now
Keep trying to handle him daily so he gets used to you again & wont be afraid of you.

Do you have any pictures of him?

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar