Hello can you help me, I have a bosc monitor, he is 3 and a half years old. He is about 3 ft long and was healthy up to about 6-7 weeks ago. He just don't want to eat, the last thing he ate was a few locus 6 weeks ago and he was sick. I tried to tempt him every now and again and still nothing. He did eat a locus last night but was sick again. Our vet said he might be too hot so we done up his tank all new and his basking light is at 110 and hes got a new uv light uvb 150 25w. He drinks ok, he has been to the loo twice and has had a bit of the white chalky stuff and wee .what else can I do? It's really upsetting me because he has lost alot of weight on his tail now and its noticable now.
Step one, find a new vet - one who actually has experience with reptiles.
Step two, you need to know the exact temperature in your monitor's enclosure. The wattage of the bulb isn't relevant. Use a digital thermometer with a remote probe. One end of the enclosure should be cooler than the other, so he can thermoregulate. Keep temperatures correct for his species - not hotter, not cooler. Close isn't good enough - make sure they are correct.
Step three - reptiles only regurgitate when they are either VERY VERY sick, or very very stressed out. If you've been handling him at all, STOP. Don't handle him for any reason other than cage cleaning, and keep it to a minimum.
If you haven't been handling him, then assume he's extremely sick. What you're describing sounds more like he's very sick. A GOOD vet would run tests for parasites, and check him for infections (mouth and respiratory are the most common).
Parasites are one of the most common causes of illness and death in imported reptiles. New reptiles should always have a fecal exam done for parasites soon after they are acquired. Parasite loads can build up over time if they are left untreated, and will eventually kill the animal. (In a captive environment, reinfection through eggs shed in feces is the culprit). Very few people breed bosc monitors, so I'll just assume he's not captive-bred; but even so, parasites can sometimes be transmitted by live prey.
If he's lost a serious amount of weight, it's time to start providing nutritional support. Most vets will use a product like Carnivore Care, and administer it via a tube into the stomach. This will do little good if he regurgitates it, so it's vital to get a vet to make proper diagnosis and begin treatment. Do not delay.