Reptiles/Tank

Question
QUESTION: His tank is about 22 in tall. And I'm planning on getting a double dome light fixture I sent a picture.

ANSWER: Hello Mandi,

Are you going to use a mercury vapor bulb in one of those dome light fixtures?
Remember not to use any compact/coil UVB light as they are terrible quality & will hurt his eyes.  

How is he doing today?

Tracie

QUESTION: Most likely if I can find the right type at petco or petsmart. He's doing good  I rapped him in a damp towel and gave him a bath in warm water and dripped some on his head to help the sheddig

ANSWER: Hello Mandi,

That sounds good.  I hope his shedding is coming along well now.
The only brand at the petstore I would remotely recommend would be the Powersun mercury vapor bulb.
The other brand would be the Arcadia D3 12% mercury vapor bulb you can get from  www.lightyourreptiles.com

Tracie

brand
brand  

brand
brand  
QUESTION: What about this?

Answer
Hello Mandi,

The compact/coil lights emit the incorrect wavelength frequency of UVB & are known to be harmful to their eyes.  
You will need either the long tubes of one of the brands I mentioned or the Arcadia mercury vapor bulb or the Powersun.
Remember on UVB, less expensive lights are usually poor quality.  
He will need UVB or else he wont be able to absorb his calcium or vitamins properly & will eventually succumb to metabolic bone disease.

How is he doing today?

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar