QUESTION: Hi is see your from the us but i was just wondering if i can buy a eastern painted turtle in the uk have looked everywhere for information on the internet but no luck hoping you may know thanks

ANSWER: Hello Matt,

I have not heard of them being sold in the UK directly.  I can inquire on a forum to see if I can find anyone who may know of a breeder in that area.  Where in the UK are you?

QUESTION: I'm in Letchworth Garden City Heartfordshire

Hello Matt,

Thanks.  I will see what I can find out for you.
Do you have turtles or other reptiles right now?
I haven't found any breeders or online distributors.  Here is a link for a place in Florida but I don't think they sell abroad.

They are apparently hard to come by & laws have made it more difficult, too.
I will keep looking for you.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.