Reptiles/turtile makes noice in night.

singapore turtle
singapore turtle  
I had a singapore turtile which is 10months old.I dont have any problem before with turtile.But now it makes noice when i am switchoff my light at my bedtime in the night.what is the problem.The tutile calm in the day time it makes sounds only in night.

Hello Madhu,

What a cute little turtle.  
What type of sounds is he making?  He only makes the noises at night?  
Do you think he could be scared not being able to see anything at night?  
Maybe you could try using an infrared light overnight for him, or keep a night light of some sort on for him.  
How do you have him housed, beside your bed in a glass tank or plastic bin?
What are the temperatures that you keep him at during the day?

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.