Reptiles/Bearded dragon grayish tail spot

Question
bearded tail
bearded tail  
tail
tail  
QUESTION: Hello I have a juvenile dragon about 7-8 months old.  She has already shed a lot but still has some shedding to do around her tail and feet. I recently noticed a spot on her tail which seems to lack color.  It also looks like it it's raised and has scab or something in the middle of it.  I'm not sure if it's a shedding thing or something more serious. I've included pictures.  Any information or  opinion you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: Hello Lauren,

It almost looks like an injury of some type, as it is indented somewhat.
Did a cricket bite her on the tail?
It appears to be shed though.  I would get some antibiotic ointment to put on the area, daily to see if that helps out.  It doesn't look like it is infected or anything.  
When you touch it, does it seem to bother her?

Tracie

QUESTION: Tracie,

Thank you for getting back to me.  I don't believe it's an injury but I suppose it could be.  It definitely isn't a cricket bite.  I've only been feeding her meal worms...Not sure if they bite or not but I feed her with tweezers with the exception of a few times I put them in her food dish.  What kind of ointment is safe for beardies? I've been bathing her hoping it's a shed.  It doesn't seem to bother her at all if I touch it.  

Lauren

Answer
Hello Lauren,

You are welcome!
She does need a variety of feeders though, other than just mealies.  Try crickets & or superworms for her.  If she is at least 16 inches, she can have some superworms.  Start slowly with them though to be sure she digests them properly.
You can use neosporin or polysporin on the area just in case it is a type of injury.  Or even a retained scale that has gotten infected, etc it would help out also.

Continue with the daily baths & then apply the ointment to see if that will improve the appearance.  I am glad that it doesn't seem to be hurting her any.

Let me know how she is doing.

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar