Reptiles/dried gecko tail

Question
violet\'s tail
violet's tail  
QUESTION: hi we spoke before about my
gecko violet's dried out tail. i was unable to reapond to your last answer so i'm starting a new thread. here is a picture of violet's tail

ANSWER: Hello Amanda,

Yes, how is she doing?
The end is definitely going to fall off here eventually.  Has the dried portion changed or seemed to travel up the tail at all lately or is it staying the same?

Tracie

QUESTION: So far I haven't noticed the dryness traveling up the tail.

ANSWER: Hello Amanda,

Great, I am glad that it doesn't look like it is traveling upwards on the tail.  That is a good sign!
Are you going to take her into the vets?

Tracie

QUESTION: do you think i should? or wait it out and if it spreads then go in?

Answer
Hello Amanda,

That is a hard call as I know vets are expensive.
Seeing as there were not any bites involved, the chance of it being infected is low since you have kept it so clean.  
How long has it been like this for now?
It might be a good idea to take her in just to be sure there isn't any infection though.  It would put your mind to rest.

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar