Reptiles/leopard gecko is not laying out eggs

leopard gecko (female)
leopard gecko (female)  

leopard gecko (female) belly
leopard gecko (female)  
Hello, I have a leopard gecko (Eublepharis macularius) female. She lives in a 65x35x31 (lenght x heihgt x width) terrarium, the substrate is sea pebbles (bigger size than her head), humidity is about 60-70%, there is a 15w heating stone for her to bask the temperature of the stone is about 30C,the surrounding temperature is 22C at day and 19C at night, no lighting. Vet history unknown. Food offered: crickets, superworms. I feed her one sometimes two insects a day supplement food with NEKTON-MSA two times a week. Last time ate - today. Water is given in a reptile dish and is being changed every day. Last defecated - unknown. Captive bred. Shed last month. Living with a leopard gecko male. I bought her 6 months ago.She was already pregnant, I could see her eggs looking ar her belly. She has not laid a single egg yet, although, there is a laying site provided with a good layer of moist vermiculite. She has shown signs of digging, however no results. I have searched for help, however, there is no professional herp vet in my country. I have successfully kept and bred leopard geckos before. This is my first encounter with a female gecko not laying out eggs. Is there anything i can do?

Please convert your C readings to F.

Your humidity levels are also a bit high for a Leopard Gecko unless you are specifically speaking of the humid hides. Your ambient humidity needs to be more like 20-40% as these geckos mostly inhabit arid regions in the wild.

Your geckos need lighting. I don't care what other less experienced and knowledgeable hobby keepers tell you. Leopard Geckos need UVB and basking lighting as well. This has been shown in research papers on the Leopard Gecko.

Superworms are extremely fatty, pose an impaction risk, are high in chitin which slows digestive transit, and are not very nutritious feeders overall. I would recommend the smaller mealworms and a larger variety in the diet. This is not a very balanced and complete diet just using supers and crickets. Include also some waxworm, butterworm, or soldier fly larvae. Any of those are more nutritious and safer feeder items than superworms.

If this heating stone is electric powered, then lose it immediately. Those are extremely dangerous and are responsible for high rates of reptile thermal burns, shorted wires, etc. There should NEVER be any direct heat source in contact with your herp. EVER. Doubly so in winter because they are prone to lie on it excessively when they have a harder time maintaining POTZ. Use an undertank heat pad or ceramic heat emitter with overhead lighting.

If this female has been carrying eggs for 6 months and has not laid, then this is life threatening and she needs to see a vet, IMMEDIATELY, even if it's not a herp vet. See a bird vet and have her given vassopressin or oxytocin to induce laying. Otherwise, the eggs will (if they have been there 6 months then they are already) turn rancid and give her sepsis. She will die if she is egg bound and it is not treated and the eggs removed, and there is no way around that. A vet will can also confirm by xray if she is retaining eggs, and this need not be a herp vet. If they have the above meds, then they can obtain the formulary dosage with a quick websearch, and they can administer it just as well as a herp vet, or consult me for the correct dose.

This looks like she is gravid, but I cannot tell for sure from your photos as they are not in good enough focus. It could also be adipose tissue, but a vet and an xray is the best advice here. If she has been egg bound for very long, then you are wasting her time and putting her at further risk with home remedies that are just likely to fail or do more harm than good. I do this all the time, so I know.  

YOU WILL GET A REJECTION OF YOUR QUESTION IF YOU FAIL TO FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO QUESTIONER IN FULL!. I am primarily here to assist with health concerns. I am here for the more difficult questions. Not for questions that you could research & easily find the answer yourself. My standards are that you provide DETAILED and RELEVANT background history on your pet before you ask me any question about it other than GENDER or ID. The requested information is in the instructions to questioner. Failure to answer each of those questions to provide that background, will result in your question being rejected. I can answer questions related reptile husbandry, identification (esp. in Texas and the SW), legal aspects, and advanced level medical care. I am the director of Wichita Falls Reptile Rescue (TX), a wildlife rehabilitator specializing in reptiles, a founding member of The Society for Horned Lizard Preservation, a subscriber to the International Veterinary Information Service,, educational content contributor to, and a Dept of State Health Services accredited animal control instructor (CE) for reptile handling. I do most of my own veterinary care in-house, including minor surgery and necropsy. I am most experienced in Chelonia with box turtles and common smaller tortoises; and in Squamata with everything from Anoles, Geckos, Beardies, and Monitors, to venomous snakes. I am most known for my expertise with horned lizards (Phrynosoma). With snakes, my primary expertise is in Crotalids (rattlesnakes), but I can answer a broad range of questions about various species. I am not aware of any reptile related question that I would not be able to provide some reasonable answer for. I have a direct style and may tell you something you did not want to hear; but the welfare of the animal comes FIRST with me, and I will always reflect that position in my answer, despite how it might make you feel.

I am a non-academic herpetologist with 25+ years reptile experience, and I am an accredited Texas Dept of State Health Services Animal Control Instructor for Reptiles (CE). I am a reptile rescuer, reptile wildlife rehabilitator, and subscriber to the International Veterinary Information Service, wikivet, and article/journal content contributor to Lafebervet. I have medical and scientific resources available, and I perform in house reptile veterinary care for my rescues. I am not a vet, but I read from the same materials and have had to correct quite a few in the past. The average vet is not well versed with reptile physiology and medical treatments.

Animals that I am currently caring for, or have significant rehabilitation and husbandry experience with: Horned Lizards (5 species); Eastern and Western Box Turtles; Painted, RES, YBS, Soft-Shell, and Cooter aquatic turtles; Russian Tortoises; Fire Bellied Toads; Fire Bellied Newts; Ornate Horned Frogs; Green Iguanas; Desert Iguanas; Spiny Lizards; Long Nosed Leopard Lizards; Anoles; Racerunners; Collared Lizards; Bullsnakes; Eastern Ratsnakes; Great Plains Ratsnakes; Kingsnakes; Gartersnakes; Cornsnakes; Boas; Pythons; Bearded Dragons; Water Dragons; Massasauga Rattlesnakes; Western Diamondback Rattlesnakes; Leopard, Mediterranean, Golden, Indo-Pacific, African White-Spotted Geckos; Savannah Monitors; Jeweled Curly-Tailed Lizards; Long-Tailed Grass Lizards; Fox Squirrels; Deer Mice; Hispid Cotton Rats; Merriam's Pocket Mice; Eastern Cotton-Tails; Blue Bar racing pigeon; Budgies; Asian Forest Scorpions.

Co-Founder & Director: Wichita Falls Reptile Rescue

Founder: The Society for Horned Lizard Preservation

Publications contributor. The Horned Lizard Husbandry Manual - self published 75 pages of care information on genus Phrynosoma.

Wikipedia entry "Horned Lizards" - contributed to a majority of the content., and various reptile related forums and email lists under the handles "fireside3" and PhrynosomaTexas".

My hands-on field, rehabilitation, and captive husbandry experience beats a PhD any day of the week. I am also a state accredited animal control instructor for reptile handling.

I was requested to provide my care manual on the Desert Horned Lizard (Phrynosoma platyrhinos), for the Montreal zoo. My manual is also used by several other zoological institutions in N. America. I also teach reptile education to summer camps, and instruct wildlife rehabilitators on live saving and rehab techniques with reptiles.