Reptiles/Trying to figure out what reptile is this?

which animal
which animal  
QUESTION: Can you please tell me what animal is shown in this picture? i am thinking its either a gila monster or a monitor, but probably am wrong.

ANSWER: Hello Ace,

That is a great looking reptile!
It is not a tegu the best I can tell, or not a hila monster.  
It closely resembles a monitor though I have never seen a banded type of monitor before.
He looks healthy though.  Is it a friend's or one you purchased?

QUESTION: Thank you Tracie for your reply and information. Some one posted it on our faceboook page (  ) and wanted to know so i thought i would ask it here.
Just to let you know, One of your "so called" experts ( mike ) replied earlier and has already "wrongfully accused" me of "illegal wildlife traffickng" on this public site. I have already complained about him to the site customer service but havent heard anything yet.

Hello Ace,

Oh no, I am so sorry about that.  
What type of reptiles are found in Pakistan that you know of?  Are you looking to buy one?
I love monitors, they are so pretty.  They get so large though!  

Geez, I am surprised as a lot of people post pictures needing identification for numerous reasons.  

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.