Reptiles/bearded dragon toenail broke completly

Question
what should I do to help my 1 year old bearded dragon Leo. he somehow broke his toe nail completely off and it moves 360 degree circle around his paw and is just hanging  not sure by what. it was bleeding but it stopped .

Answer
Hi Dawn,

It is not that uncommon for captive reptiles to lose a nail for one reason or another. The bleeding is usually self limiting and infections are rare. The bit of tissue that is still connecting it will dry up in a few days and the nail should just drop off on its own.

You are probably more bothered by it then Leo is! He won't be affected by the loss at all.

Reptiles

Thea