Reptiles/bearded dragon

Question
Can I use a fir and peat moss bedding for my bearded dragon someone said it  could kill her and I dont tthink so just want to make sure

Answer
Hello Damian,

Are you wanting to use that type of bedding for the substrate for the entire bottom of the tank or a substrate for her to lay eggs in?
I normally don't recommend using a loose substrate for them as it can contribute to impaction if ingested.
Plus, it can also harbor bacteria which contributes to worm or parasite issues, too.
Most people do use paper towels, non adhesive shelf liner, carpet or  tiles for safer alternatives.
How old is your dragon?

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar