Reptiles/cdw emergency

Question
"My Chinese water dragon skin is very dry and flaky and does not look like he has sheded for a while I have soaked him in shedease but it doesn't seem to help. Do you think I have a major problem? What do I do? I got a male and female about 2-4 months ago and the male is twice her size hellllp!?!" And now I think has a respiratory infection because there is clear slime coming out of its mouth. I concerned about its skin any idea, she is going to the vet

Answer
Hello Charles,

Can you review your tank setup with me, such as her lighting, heating, etc?  What are the humidity levels in the tank & what type of substrate are you using?
Which supplements are you using for her?
Are you feeding them separately?  It sounds like he may be dominating her right now which could be causing her some stress & why she isn't growing normally.
What insects are you feeding them?

For now, try to keep the tank around 80 overnight to help boost her immune system in case she does have a respiratory issue brewing right now.  Also, you can get some bee pollen to help with the immune system, too.  I would definitely get her to the vets for an x-ray of the lungs & or have them listen to see if they hear any congestion.  It sounds like she does need some meds though.  Baytril is normally the drug of choice for most respiratory infections.

Do you have a vet to take her to?
Let me know how she is doing.  Do you have any pictures of her?

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar