Reptiles/injured land monitor

Question
so last week my dog bit a land monitor(Srilankan-Asian),and its suffering from a bad cut in its back i have put on medicine what more should i do???

Answer
Hello,

It is likely that the injury is infected. The lizard needs to be seen by a professional. Please find a way to take it to a veterinarian. Keeping the wound as clean as possible is important. You can try soaking the monitor in a weak Betadine solution (diluted to the color of tea) every day until it heals. I wish I could be of more help but it is something that a veterinary doctor needs to take care of. Best of luck to you.

Jennifer

Reptiles

Jennifer C Parnell