Reptiles/Bearded Dragon health concern

Question
Hi, I've been worried about my bearded dragon for awhile now and wondering if I need to get her into the vet. I've noticed for about a month that her tail isn't straight when she walks. It's like she has a kink in it. It very easily straightens back out but she can't seem to control her tail very well when shes walking. I've noticed the end of her tail has also been a little darker than the rest of her tail. I've read things about tail rot and was wondering if that could be the case. She's a very active dragon and she likes to jump off of things so I'm not sure if she could've possibly gotten the kink in her tail that way and could that cause tail rot or other problems?

Answer
Hello Kammie,

Can you review your tank setup with me, such as your type & brand of UVB light, type of supplementation, along with the temperatures.
What is her age?
Based on your description, it sounds like she has developed metabolic bone disease due to poor UVB lighting or calcium intake.  
Does she look like she is going to shed on that area of her tail?  Sometimes the area turns a little darker in color prior to shedding.  Or has she shed recently but maybe retained some of the shed on her tail?
If you can, post a picture or two of her so I can see her.
If she did jump, how far did she jump from to land on the floor & was the floor hard where she landed?

Tracie  

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar