Reptiles/Bearded dragons

She just went to the bathroom and it is runny and smells I think I'll wait a couple more days to see if my Beardies poop improves. I'm scared of what's causing it! Any ideas?

Hello Rachel,

Oh the stool was a bit runny & smelly?
Have you made any big changes in the tank lately?
It may be worms/parasites that need to be treated or just something she is eating that isn't sitting well with her.  
Do you have any probiotic you can give her such as non dairy soy yogurt, or acidophiliz?
That could help settle her tummy in case something is not sitting right with her.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.