Reptiles/Pregnant bearded dragon

Question
Chester\'s size
Chester's size  
QUESTION: Hello Dr. I bought two bearded dragons in Jun of 2013 and just last January they mated. They are about 8-9 months old (I think) and the female is full of eggs. I can feel the eggs when I run my fingers along her belly but she hasn't laid them yet. I am worried she either might be too young or too small and may die. I am worried she might be egg bound but I am unsure.

species: bearded dragon
habitat size: 50 gallon
substrate: sand
humidity%: N/A
bask/ambient temps: N/A
lighting: 100 watts
vet history: N/A
all food offered: mealworms, superworms, crickets, romaine lettuce, kale greens
feeding schedule: 7:00am, 4:00pm
supplements and schedule: N/A
last time ate: 4:00pm today
when and how water is given: Yesterday,  a bath (she drinks directly from the water)
when last defecated: yesterday in the bath
captive bred or wild caught: captive
shed recently: N/A
other animals living in same terrarium: male bearded dragon lives in a separate tank but they interact when I take them out

ANSWER: I'm not a doctor, but I am a rehabilitator who studies reptile medicine and a content contributor to a veterinary website, so, I teach veterinarians sometimes.  

She is too young. You've done exactly what I as a rescuer hate seeing, and that's people getting a male and female animal and then acting like a breed mill and making babies with them, especially when they're too young for it, and we have enough animals in rescue that need homes without more breeding operations. She very well pay pay the price and get egg bound being this young. I wouldn't say she's overdue until 6 weeks, but you should be making sure things are right just in case, and I'm going to need the below information.

If you're going to keep these animals, you need to have a much better idea of what is going on with the environment. I need to know what are current basking temps and what your UVB source is in detail. Do you have a basking and cool side thermometer? Do you have UVB lighting? If not, then you need to get both of those. Egg binding usually happens because females are too young, too small because they haven't grown well due to lack of UVB and lack of proper diet, because they have muscle weakness due to lack of exercise space, because of hypothermia, or nutritional deficiencies.

You listed sand as substrate. Is this play sand, obtained from outside, or where obtained?

You listed no supplement schedule. Are you using any supplements at all? She is making eggs, and this is depleting her mineral, vitamin, protein, and other nutritional stores to do so.  

QUESTION: I do have a heat lamp with the thermometers on each side. But I was unable to tell the temperature because I had the light off at night. The sand I use is bearded dragon sand you can find at a local pet store.

When I first got them, I thought they were males cause that's what all the pet stores said. I separated them because I didn't want them to fight. But I took them both out to handle them (my cousin held one while I had the other) and the male just jumped out and attacked and mated with the female. I didn't intentionally try to mate them. I didn't even know one was a female.

But what should I do to ensure that my dragon lives past this?

Answer
What you should do, is answer the questions I asked. That's why I have very precise process for questions. You haven't given a basking temp (you should reasonably know what it runs because it should be monitored until you have it relatively consistent). You also haven't given a description of your UVB...the supplements...Look, I work as well as run a reptile rescue...answer questions from all over the world here and on facebook. If you want help...DON'T make me repeat my questions. Go back over my first response and answer EVERYTHING I just asked you.  

Reptiles

Mick