Reptiles/he want eat much

QUESTION: i have a bearded dragon he is 5.5 inches long I have had him for about two weeks and he only eats 4 or 5 crickets a day

ANSWER: are you also feeding him a salad? If so a salad and 4 or 5 a day sounds like enough to me. Make sure his lighting is correct and his temperatures and that should be fine.

QUESTION: I give him salad every morning but he does not eat it I have a reptisun 10.0 uvb light and the basking spot is 100 to 110 and cool side is 80 to 85 during the day at night I use a night I use a black heat bulb

try some different types of greens and some brightly colored fruit make sure you avoid apple seeds as they can be bad. Almost 30 crickets a week doesn't seem like he's being under Fed but if you're worried about it also try varying up his protein some worms some roaches things like that.

My area of expertise would be snakes and reptile genetics (again mostly w/ snakes). Although I have dealt w/ almost all species of reptiles commonly sold in the US.

15 years keeping, breeding, selling, and teaching about reptiles.

Past board member of the Central FL Herpetological Society

B.S. Biology Ed. UCF