Reptiles/Social needs of Gecko

I would like to buy a Leopard Gecko. The cage I have is roomy for one but would not be comfortable for two adults. Do Leopard Geckos need the companionship of another gecko or would one be content to be alone?

Hello Sarah,

That is a great question!
One leopard gecko is fine to keep alone, as long as he/she has some interaction with you.  
They do just fine being alone.  
You weren't wanting to breed were you?
What sized tank do you have to use?  Are you going to be getting a baby or an adult, or do you know yet?
Be sure to send pictures of your set up & your gecko when you get him or her.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.