Reptiles/Snake ID

Can you tell me hat kind of make this is please thanks for your help!

The photos aren't very clear, so I can't be 100% certain, but looks like a corn snake.  A very pretty one. :)

Harmless rodent eaters that are one of the most commonly-kept pet snakes in the United States.  

(Don't keep a wild one as a pet, though - wild animals are full of parasites, and it may not be legal to collect them.  A captive bred baby that's already adapted to life in captivity and is healthy, can be purchased very inexpensively.  A wild snake would require veterinary care to rid it of parasites in order to survive in captivity, so it would wind up being MUCH more expensive than a captive bred animal).

Corn snakes come in a huge number of color morphs in captivity, and across their range in the US, they come in a wide range of locality colors and patterns, too.  That one has a very nice silvery color to it.

Donna Fernstrom

My particular focus is on snakes and lizards, but I have a decent smattering of knowledge of turtles and crocodilians as well, plus the experience to get relevant information quickly if I don't have it on hand in my brain. I can answer questions on captive care, diet, breeding, incubation of eggs, starting hatchlings, and more. I am particularly experienced with ball pythons, Lygodactylus geckos and other small lizards with similar care requirements, leopard geckos, and garter snakes.

I am a professional breeder of ball python morphs, Lygodactylus (dwarf) geckos, and mourning geckos. I have begun working with Irian Jaya carpet pythons, and plan to expand to include more gecko species in the future. I also have a background breeding leopard geckos, and have kept several other species of small lizards, snakes, and a water turtle.

Nebraska Herpetological Society (

I have many care sheets published on my own website.

High School Graduate. Extensively self-taught due to high interest in wildlife and reptile care.

Fauna Classifieds board of inquiry Good Guy Certification