Reptiles/Bearded dragon

Question
QUESTION: I have a 3 in a half bearded dragon that jumped off my shoulder about a year ago now, now his bottom right jaw is knotted up but it seems that if its not bothering him. But we are worried. Any suggestions or help you can provide would be helpful, because we are now where near a close vet and dont have the money for a vet.

ANSWER: scott,

i apologize for the delay in answering your question. i only received notification this morning that the question was pending. I'm sorry to hear about your dragon's injuries. It sounds as though he broke his lower jaw in the fall. Is he still eating?
Brittle bones tend to be a result of a calcium and vitamin d3 deficiency. Your dragon's live food should be dusted 5 days a week with a calcium powder for reptiles. also he should have a good strong UV light, in the form of a 18inch tube. the best brand is ReptiSun 10.0. He must have a good UV light in order to absorb the calcium and Vitamin D. The supplementation is really something that is a "must do" in order to keep a healthy dragon.
As long as your dragon is still eating, It sounds like there is very little you can do for the jaw injury. Be careful not to allow the dragon into places where he can jump such long distances in the future, and make sure he is getting a healthy amount of calcium and vitamin D.
Please check back if you have any further questions,

thank you
Jennifer

QUESTION: He does get calcium with d3 and multi vitamin 4 to 5 times a week and he has 2 10.0 uvb on him plus a mercury vapor heat and uvb he is extremely healthy and strong, he eats his kale and greens daily along with crickets bananas strawberries etc it does not seem to bother him but it just worries me how sometimes its bigger than others he is show quality but the bumb just worries me thanks for the reply

Answer
I'm glad to hear that he's doing so well. It sounds like you do a very good job of tending to your dragons. Try giving him different greens like dandelion or collard or mustard greens. They help them get the water soluble vitamins. You're doing a good job  

Reptiles

Jennifer C Parnell