Reptiles/Found egg

Question
Found egg
Found egg  
I found an egg in my bushes and i dont know what it came from. We dont have many bird around here and i dont think the birds we have could lay an egg this big. I had someone say maybe a turtle or snake.

Answer
Does it have a hard shell?  It looks like a chicken egg to me, but you haven't put anything in the photo for scale.

Reptile eggs will have a leathery shell or a partly calcified shell, and tend to be oval/capsule shaped, or perfectly round.  Bird eggs are narrower at one end than the other, and have a hard shell.

Reptiles

Donna Fernstrom