Reptiles/Ball python won't eat

Question
I recently got a baby ball python. He is about 1 month old. I have it in a 40 gallon aquarium... The humidity is around 60% and the temperature is about 83. I use aspen snake bedding. But it won't eat. I have tried dangling a pinkie in front of him with tongs but he won't eat it. He might be too stressed to eat but he has struck at the pinkie 2 times. He probably wouldn't strike at it if he wasn't hungry:( I have also left a pinkie in the aquarium overnight but he didn't eat that either. Can u please help!:( also he keeps tasting the wait so I think he's definitely hungry but i don't know what to do.

Answer
Likely a wild caught Ball if you got him at a pet store. Their natural prey is not rats or mice, but jerboas. "About" doesn't work for me though when giving environmental particulars. You need to verify with actual thermometers if you don't have any. I would suggest verifying your environment and then possibly using something with scent of a gerbil on it and rubbing the mice on it prior to offering. He might also be too stressed being new, and depending on your conditions, but you have provided incomplete information here so I can't go farther.  

Reptiles

Mick