Reptiles/identify lizard please

Waynesboro, tn
Waynesboro, tn  
could you please tell me what type of lizard this is

Hi re-grow,

That is a blue tailed Skink. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I didn't get a notification. That is a great picture of a lovely specimen. I can tell you from personal experience when I was about 11 I chased a fellow that looked just like the guy in the photo and when I finally caught him, the tail came off and then... he bit me. so, don't pull it's tail or it will come off. It will regrow but not to it's original glory. and they will bite if given the opportunity. But they are harmless.

Jennifer C Parnell

I can answer questions about health, diet, behavior, housing requirements, common illnesses, and general husbandry of most reptiles. My answers are not a substitute for veterinary care. If I don't feel confident about answering your question, I can generally point you to someone who can answer it, or advise you to seek veterinary help.

My father is a licensed veterinarian for 40+ years. He specialties include venomous American snakes, reptiles, rodents, primates, dogs, cats, goats, geese. I grew up assisting him and have always maintained rescued, injured, or unwanted reptiles. I'm familiar with snakes, most common lizards, turtles, terrapins and tortoises. I'm also familiar with Bearded Dragons and currently have several.

veterinary technician wildlife biology