Reptiles/prolapsed cloaca

What is the clear like yellow bubble attached to the pink part of the prolapsed cloaca?  Is that all able to be put back into my bearded dragon?

Hello Cynthia,

Prolapses need to be treated as an emergency situation.  How bad is it, do you have any pictures you could post just so I can see how severe it is?  The yellow bubble, I am not sure, unless it is part of an organ or an egg?
What is the age of your dragon, do you have a male or female?
Sometimes, with proper care, you can get the swollen tissue or prolapsed area to go back in but a lot of times you will need a vet visit.  Try a nice cool bath with sugar dissolved into it to help reduce swelling of the tissue.  You can use vaseline or KY jelly to lubricate the area & help keep it from drying out.
If you have a particle substrate, change that out for now & replace it with paper towels to keep the area more clean & prevent any infection or injury of the area.

Is your dragon lethargic or active & eating?  

Let me know how things are coming along.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.