Reptiles/bearded dragon diet change

QUESTION: Hi Tracie. As pf Tuesday night he has barricaded himself in one corner of the tank and has been asleep since. I think he's burmating lol. I figured that was what he was doing the whole time. So I've kept his lights on and wrapped a towel around him. Anything else i can do besides bathing him to help with the hybernation?

ANSWER: Hello Valerie,

Oh boy, so he is brumating then?  He is in his towel or blankie, sleeping?  I bet he looks so sweet, too.  
Sure, you can keep his lights on, but if you want to shorten the time frame on them you can do that also.  
Just check on him frequently to be sure he doesn't appear to be too dehydrated or losing any weight, etc.  
Let me know how he is doing!

QUESTION: I'll try and get a picture he is really cute lol only his little face is poking out of the towel. Should i bath him? He ate those few days prior and didn't poop before. I read that can help him and keep him hydrated. He's not going to be happy to be woken up.

Hello Valerie,

Yes, they sure are precious aren't they?!  You could even get him a nice soft fleece blankie that he would love, too.  LOL  
You are right, he wont really love the idea of being woken up.  Maybe give him a few days & if he doesn't stir any then get him up for a bath since he did eat a little bit prior to going to sleep.  That could help him go potty if he needs to, also.
I hope he is all comfy!  
Let me know how his brumation is going.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.