Reptiles/My bearded dragons and my cousins drumset

Hi! I just moved into my grandmas basement and I have 2 bearded dragons. One adult and one juvenile. My cousin has a drumset that she plays down in the basement. I was wondering if this would negatively affect them? She has her own  room right next to mine and she closes the door so they aren't in the same room but I am worried about how the vibrations will affect them as well as the sound.

Thank you for you question. I wouldn't worry about the vibration or the sounds of the drums in the next room. Both of my beardies live in my living room and there is lots of commotion in that room. The most important thing about having 2 beardies is that they not live in the same enclosure. Beardies are solitary creatures in the wild and when you have 2 living together, one will bully and stress the other. Eventually they will fight and the smaller dragon could easily be killed. It's one of the biggest, most common  mistakes bearded dragon owners make and one of the biggest causes of death in captive dragons.

It sounds like you're a great reptile mom. If you have any other questions, feel free to send them.

All the best

Jennifer C Parnell

I can answer questions about health, diet, behavior, housing requirements, common illnesses, and general husbandry of most reptiles. My answers are not a substitute for veterinary care. If I don't feel confident about answering your question, I can generally point you to someone who can answer it, or advise you to seek veterinary help.

My father is a licensed veterinarian for 40+ years. He specialties include venomous American snakes, reptiles, rodents, primates, dogs, cats, goats, geese. I grew up assisting him and have always maintained rescued, injured, or unwanted reptiles. I'm familiar with snakes, most common lizards, turtles, terrapins and tortoises. I'm also familiar with Bearded Dragons and currently have several.

veterinary technician wildlife biology