Reptiles/Emerald swift

My female emerald swift isnt opening her eyes and hasnt eaten either. It has been a few days since thise has started and I am starting to get a bit worried. I have teied eye deops thinking that woupd help her with her eyes but it hasnt helped. I would really appreciate it if you could help me out.

Without being able to see what sort of caging, lighting, temperatures, humidity, diet and supplementation your lizard is used to, it's impossible for me to tell you why she isn't eating. It sounds like she is ill. You should probably get her to a veterinarian as soon as possible.,

Check this link to see if you are missing anything from her basic list of needs

Sorry I can't be of more help

Jennifer C Parnell

I can answer questions about health, diet, behavior, housing requirements, common illnesses, and general husbandry of most reptiles. My answers are not a substitute for veterinary care. If I don't feel confident about answering your question, I can generally point you to someone who can answer it, or advise you to seek veterinary help.

My father is a licensed veterinarian for 40+ years. He specialties include venomous American snakes, reptiles, rodents, primates, dogs, cats, goats, geese. I grew up assisting him and have always maintained rescued, injured, or unwanted reptiles. I'm familiar with snakes, most common lizards, turtles, terrapins and tortoises. I'm also familiar with Bearded Dragons and currently have several.

veterinary technician wildlife biology