Reptiles/leapord gecko

Question
QUESTION: Hi I have had my leapord gecko for 6-7 years all of a sudden her jaw got swollen on one side and it looks like maybe part of her head is swollen. I have no idea why this happen.

ANSWER: Hello Sylvia,

Do you have any pictures of her jaw & the swelling?
Does she eat crickets on a regular basis? It could be from a cricket bite possibly or some other type of abscess or infection.
Is she getting calcium also?

Let me know how she is doing.
Tracie   

gecko
gecko  
QUESTION: Yes she does eat crickets and gets calcium, is there something I can give her maybe antibiotics ointment how does it go away she's had it for quite sometime now.

Answer
Hello Sylvia,

That is an awfully large abscess & really needs to be drained/lanced.  
If you are not able to get her to a vet, you can attempt to drain it at home under sterile conditions but it isn't recommended.  She does need a broad spectrum antibiotic since there is some type of infection going on there.
You could order Baytril online to get a jumpstart on it.  You could also try colloidal silver, too for help with an infection.  I have a small online store & carry colloidal silver liquid & colloidal silver gel also.  
Is she eating anything right now?
Antibiotic ointment would help out only after the area is drained, for topical use but would not help with a systemic infection internally though.

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar