QUESTION: Hello Tracie yes my gecko does eat crickets and gets calcium. What can I give her for it to go away she has had it for a while now. Is there an ointment I can apply.

ANSWER: Hello Sylvia,

I forgot to include my website if you wanted to check out the silver products, too.
It is:

How often does she get calcium, several times per week?  
Let me know how she is doing!  :-)

QUESTION: She gets calcium every time we feed her crickets they are sprinkled with calcium powder. Every week or so. I am going to try to take her to the vet on Monday because were I live everything is closed right now. Do you happen to know by any chance how much it would cost for them to drain the access?

Hello Sylvia,

Great, I am glad to hear she is eating & gets calcium also.
Be sure to keep her tank a little warmer, just a few degrees at night, to help her system out while she has infection right now.
I would definitely recommend getting bee pollen or colloidal silver to help with her immune system.
I am not sure how much they would charge for draining the abscess but for a gecko I would not think the office visit would run more than $50 & the procedure maybe around $45 or so.  However, they may want to send off some of the fluid for analysis to see what type of infection, etc is present.

Let me know how that goes for you & how she is doing.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.