Reptiles/My sea turtle is sick

My sea turtle sneeze a lot and opens its mouth regulary and it also is not active how it used to be. ther is any vet who know things about sea turtle. I dont know what to do. Please help me, thank you!

Hi Sara,

Your turtle has the symptoms of a respiratory infection. The best option is to find a vet that can administer antibiotics.

In the meantime, you can boost your turtle's immune system by raising the temperature.

I can't advise you specifically because I don't know exactly what species of turtle you have. You need to determine the optimal temperature range for your turtle and keep the temperature near the high end. This would apply to both the water temperature and the dry area temperature, if your turtle is the type that leaves the water to bask.  

I can answer questions on the proper husbandry and diet of Iguanas, bearded dragons, geckoes, skinks, chameleons, tortoises, box turtles, treefrogs, non-venomous snakes and tarantulas. Also the breeding of some species of feeder insects. I have no experience with venonmous snakes and only limited experience with aquatic turtles.

I have been keeping and breeding reptiles for over 30 years. In addition to my regular job in the medical field I also worked for several years in a pet store that specialized only in exotics. The job entailed both caring for and answering questions on innumerable species. It required constant, extensive research into a wide range of reptiles. I have been called to appear on televised national media (CBC, CTV and Life Channel) as well as CBC radio to discuss the proper care of reptiles and other exotics in captivity. I currently own one or more species of those listed under my expertise with the exception of chameleons. I owned chameleons for years but keep none currently. I keep over 20 snakes comprising 5 species, both Colubridae and Boidae. I bred corn snakes for several years. I have a particular interest in treefrogs and currently have 5 different species. I've raised redfoot tortoises for 10 years and have two iguanas, one for 12 years.

A small and now defunct local magazine called "Pet Vue"

Diagnostic medical microbiology with some parasitology experience.