Reptiles/Bearded dragon

Hello: my bearded dragon ate aluminum foil by accident.what I can do??pls hel me

Hi Javier

The ingestion of foil is a fairly common problem with dogs and the main concern with that is physical blockage of the intestines. I can only assume that would also be the main issue with a reptile.

If you see any change in behaviour then I would really suggest a vet visit. In the meantime I would suggest some high fibre food. That will bulk up up his intestinal tract and  help flush  the foil out. Cooked, mashed pumpkin or squash are both good choices for this purpose. Squash baby food is a convenient option to use. You also want to make sure he stays well hydrated which will help move everything along in his intestinal tract.

I hope everything turns out OK. I apologize for the delay in responding especially since your question was urgent. Unfortunately the notification went into my spam folder for some reason.  

I can answer questions on the proper husbandry and diet of Iguanas, bearded dragons, geckoes, skinks, chameleons, tortoises, box turtles, treefrogs, non-venomous snakes and tarantulas. Also the breeding of some species of feeder insects. I have no experience with venonmous snakes and only limited experience with aquatic turtles.

I have been keeping and breeding reptiles for over 30 years. In addition to my regular job in the medical field I also worked for several years in a pet store that specialized only in exotics. The job entailed both caring for and answering questions on innumerable species. It required constant, extensive research into a wide range of reptiles. I have been called to appear on televised national media (CBC, CTV and Life Channel) as well as CBC radio to discuss the proper care of reptiles and other exotics in captivity. I currently own one or more species of those listed under my expertise with the exception of chameleons. I owned chameleons for years but keep none currently. I keep over 20 snakes comprising 5 species, both Colubridae and Boidae. I bred corn snakes for several years. I have a particular interest in treefrogs and currently have 5 different species. I've raised redfoot tortoises for 10 years and have two iguanas, one for 12 years.

A small and now defunct local magazine called "Pet Vue"

Diagnostic medical microbiology with some parasitology experience.