Reptiles/boa albino

So today after giving the small,weekly bath to my snake i noticed his chin was kind of inflated, like when pelicans gobble down a fish. Also he was salivating a bit with clear,not foamy saliva. Should i be worried?

Sorry I didn't see this question earlier.

It sounds like he drank a bunch of water while in the bath. Has the situation fixed itself? IF there is still a swelling and salivating, you should really get him to a vet.

sorry i cant be of more help. It's difficult to diagnose a situation when I can't actually see the animal

Best of luck

Jennifer C Parnell

I can answer questions about health, diet, behavior, housing requirements, common illnesses, and general husbandry of most reptiles. My answers are not a substitute for veterinary care. If I don't feel confident about answering your question, I can generally point you to someone who can answer it, or advise you to seek veterinary help.

My father is a licensed veterinarian for 40+ years. He specialties include venomous American snakes, reptiles, rodents, primates, dogs, cats, goats, geese. I grew up assisting him and have always maintained rescued, injured, or unwanted reptiles. I'm familiar with snakes, most common lizards, turtles, terrapins and tortoises. I'm also familiar with Bearded Dragons and currently have several.

veterinary technician wildlife biology