Reptiles/anole eggs

Question
Today I was cleaning out our anole cage and replacing the bedding, I soon realized that I had uncovered 2 eggs and moved them in the process of cleaning. I put them in a container with fresh bedding and put them back in the tank, is there anything else I can do? I don't want them to die....

Answer
Hello,

You could incubate them in an incubator controlling temp and RH with temp around the 28deg mark. In tank incubation will be much less effective especially if they have been moved. If the setup if one where there are temperature and humidity gradients and they are well established and liw stressed, they would select the place to lay. If you do put them in a container in the viv, monitor the humidity.

The fertility will be dependant on many factors including age, overall health, amongst others. If they are fertile then they should dvelop dependant on environmental factors. They dont have chalazae which attach the "embryo" to the outer laters to hold the position so rotation of the eggs is not advised - these can be marked with a pencil.

Hope this helps

Regards

Reptiles

Ross Ashley Machin