Reptiles/Eye infection in an anole

Question
I have an anole who eye looks infected its eye has a mucusy substance in it she can open it but doesn't like to. The internet says to put hydrogen peroxide or neosporin on it, is it safe?

Answer
Hello Carly,

I am sorry your anole's eye is infected.  Did she possibly retain an eye cap during shedding?
I would not use hydrogen peroxide on it, as it is cytotoxic & could destroy the eye.  The neosporin is questionable, as it is petroleum based.  
I would get some sterile saline solution first, from a pharmacy section in a grocery store or CVS, etc to flush & rinse the eye out.  
There is an eye ointment called Terramycin you could look for at petstores, Tractor supply or Agmart, to see if they carry it.  
I have a small online reptile store too, which I carry it if you need or want to try it.
Do you have any pictures of the eye?
Is she eating anything right now?

Tracie

Reptiles

Tracie Kretzschmar