Reptiles/Bearded dragon

My bearded dragon has been sick recently and this morning he had a lot of blood on his face that came out of his mouth, and the antibiotics the vet gave us haven't done anything.

Hello Sarah,

I am sorry your boy isn't doing well.  
Can you run over your tank setup real quick, as well as the foods & supplementation you give as well?
Which antibiotic did the vet give?  Does he have a growth in his mouth that is/was bleeding?
Has he had any blood in his stools, or just from him mouth?
Please send pictures of him too, if you can either here or to my home email at:

How are his colors, is his beard black?
Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.