i have 2 years old veiled chameleon  she has a bone deficiency, the people i bought her from did not have proper lighting,  i also think they did not take proper care of her , it was a pet for her son...i got new bulbs but i scared its too late what can i force feed her..she wont eat and she has trouble moving...

Hello Brook,

I am sorry your chameleon is in such bad shape.  Metabolic bone disease is a terrible ailment & is very painful for them.  Do you have any pictures of her?
Which UVB light are you using for her now?  
I would highly recommend getting a liquid calcium to give to her 4-5 times per week to help with getting her levels up.  
Since she wont eat, you can get some powdered critical care formula either from the vets or online to give to her, for weight gain.  You can also use chicken, turkey or beef baby food mixed with squash varieties or sweet potato baby food too.  Use a plastic syringe or a plastic dropper to get the food into her.  Will she lick any food off of her nose if you drop some onto it?  
You can also purchase some bee pollen powder to put in with her food.  It is helpful with B complex vitamins, energy, appetite stimulation & immune system strength, too.  You should be able to find it at your local health food store, or online.  
I have a small online reptile supply store too in which I carry liquid calcium & bee pollen, if you aren't able to find anything locally.

Keep her tank around 78-80 overnight too, using a ceramic heat emitter since she isn't feeling well right now.  Let me know how she is doing.

Tracie Kretzschmar

I can answer questions pertaining to health, UVB specifics, overall husbandry care & supplementation, analysis of blood test results, and behavioral problems & handling. I can answer questions pertaining to bearded dragons, leopard geckos, iguanas, uromastyx & ball pythons. I can answer adeno virus related questions in bearded dragons, & then specifically about the testing methods as well. I am beginning an Pogona Adeno Testing Society in 2008 which will help to begin to start some standardization within the bearded dragon colonies of the breeders who choose to test.

I have been working with bearded dragons for over 5 years now, as well as leopard geckos, too. I am currently doing rescues, as well. I hope to be able to educate people prior to them purchasing an exotic pet in order to avoid any health crisis with them.

I have a master's degree in sports medicine & physiology, & 1 year of vet tech schooling, & am currently working on a reptile certification through the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council.